My kids love french fries but there are healthier options instead of using white potatoes. Like using vegetables instead or even sweet potato fries. I decided to give it a go and make sweet potato fries to see if my kids would like them, some did some did not. It’s OK I will make them again, they were delicious!
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Clean potatoes with a vegetable/fruit cleaner and then peal the sweet potatoes.
- If you have a vegetable/french fry cutter you can use it to cut the fries, if not cut the potato up into strips.
- In a bowl add the cut up fries and the olive oil and give a good mix with your hands. (yes your hands will get dirty but it's OK that is what soap and water are for when your done).
- Next add the seasonings (Rosemary, salt and pepper) and then mix thoroughly so that all the fries are nicely coated.
- Bake on 425 degrees for 35 minutes and then on broil for a bit of a crunch for 3 minutes.
Here is some food for thought: Sweet potatoes are full of nutrition. Offering over 400% of your daily needs for vitamin A in one medium spud, plus it has tons of fiber and potassium. They offer more grams of natural sugars than regular potato but more overall nutrients with fewer calories. They also are a great source of beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant known to give orange vegetables and fruits their vibrant color. Eating foods that are rich in beta-carotene can reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, as well as offering protection against asthma and heart disease.
Have you tried making sweet potato fries before? Did you had herbs to them? Yum
Mama to 5 Blessings is sharing this article at:
Sunday: Heart Nap Time, Flamingo Toes, Nifty Thrifty Things, DIY Show Off // Monday: Fun Crafts With Mom, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom. C.R.A.F.T. Sew Can Do, Keeping It Simple, Mad in Crafts, So Much Better with Age, Skip to My Lou, Cupcakes & Crinoline Deceptively Educational, // Tuesday: Hope Studios, Sugar Bee Crafts, Linda’s Lunacy, Cozy Little House, Coastal Charm, Nap-time Creations, Elizabeth & Co., Learn With Play at Home //Wednesday: DYI by Design, Vintage Gwen, My Girlish Whims, Ginger Snap Crafts, SNAP!, Simply Designing, Ducks In A Row // Thursday: Artsy Fartsy Mama, No Minimalist Here, Imparting Grace, // Friday: Living Life Intentionally, Flaunt it Friday, The Charm of Home, French Country Cottage, Redoux, Simply Sweet Home, Shabby Nest, Thirty Handmade Days, Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, Homeschool Creations, // Saturday: Crafty Moms Share, Sugar Ants, Funky Junk Interiors, Six Sisters Stuff, Tatertots and Jello, Or so she says, Your Homebased Mom, Too Much Time on my Hands, It’s Overflowing