My little ones love banana’s. When I buy them they eat a whole bunch in a few days while other weeks the bunch sits on my kitchen counter untouched. With 7 of us, soon 8 our grocery bill is quite hefty. I hate throwing food away. In the past I normally take the old bananas and made homemade banana bread but this time I was looking to make something different. So I came up with……..
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1-1/2 Cups Almond Milk
- 2 Ripe Mashed Bananas
- You can use various toppings such as fresh fruit, honey or syrup
- Allow your waffle iron to get hot while you are preparing the ingredients.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, egg and almond milk into mixer and mix. While this is mixing mash up 2 ripe bananas (I use the back of a fork to mash them) and then add them to the mixer and mix till all the ingredients are fully blended.
- I use an ice cream scooper to scoop out the waffle batter into the waffle iron.
- Once all the waffles are cooked add your preferred topping. Yum!
I am not exaggerating when I say my kids devoured these! Next time I make them I will triple the batch and freeze some for those busy mornings. We actually had this with dinner along with scrambled eggs but breakfast, dinner or even for a tasty dessert works too!
Some other fun banana recipes I have made for my family:
What are some of your favorite banana recipes?
Mama to 5 Blessings is sharing this article at: