It’s funny how each pregnancy is different. Thankfully I only had morning sickness with my 1st pregnancy and now my last pregnancy. I remember when I was pregnant with our 1st baby 10 years ago I worked in an office with mostly other women. We had an open kitchen area which led out to the office areas, my desk being close to that kitchen. You would think this would be great for someone who was pregnant right? Wrong! The smells that came from that kitchen (especially the microwave popcorn) had me running to the bathroom which thankfully was also close to my desk. Morning sickness is one of the most awful feelings. You are thankful for the bundle of joy growing inside of you but at the same time miserable!
Searching the internet I came across the definition of morning sickness “No one knows for sure what causes nausea during pregnancy, but it’s probably some combination of the many physical changes taking place in your body such as hormone and estrogen increases.”
So how are some ways to relieve morning sickness?
1) Get rest, take cat naps if you can during the day.
2) Drink ginger-ale at room temperature.
3) Get fresh air.
4) Slowly eat saltine crackers.
5) Sip peppermint (decaffeinated tea)
6) Apply a few drops of peppermint essential oil mixed with a bit of coconut oil behind your ears and back of your neck.
7) Suck on a peppermint mint or chew a piece of peppermint gum.
8) Drink plenty water and stay hydrated.
9) Eat smaller portions frequently throughout the day instead of 3 large meals.
10) Stay away from greasy fried foods.
What are ways you found relief when you had morning sickness?