My family recently had the stomach bug that went around on and off for 2 months, thankful it has been gone for a few weeks. I pray it’s gone for good. Our diets consisted of toast and canned chicken noodle soup because food was hard to keep down. When my husband gave me a bowl of canned chicken noodle soup for dinner one night I realized how gross it was and how I could make it from scratch. Not only would it taste so much better but I would be able to pronounce the ingredients!
- Chicken (I used leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken we had from the night before which was approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 Long Carrot Sticks (sliced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 4 14 oz Cans of Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Water
- 1 lb. Pasta
- Salt & Pepper
- Shed the chicken into smaller pieces. Next add the chicken, sliced carrots, onion, chicken stock, water, uncooked pasta and salt / pepper to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Once everything is cooked it will all be nice and tender including the pasta noodles.
- If you are not using leftover rotisserie chicken then use 3 chicken breasts cooked and diced.
What soups do you like to make in your slow cooker? I love my slow cooker and need to use it more, so share with me your recipes by commenting below.
Mama to 5 Blessings is sharing this article at: