My kids are peanut butter and jelly kids. They would eat it for lunch everyday if I made it for them but I get bored making them the same thing. My 6 year old daughter saw a photo of apple slices with peanut butter and lots of goodies on top so I decided to surprise her and make my own version.
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 large apple, cored and sliced
- Peanut butter
- After the apple is cored and sliced spread peanut butter over the tops of the slices. Make the topping mixture by placing the chia seeds, coconut, raisins, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips in a bowl and mix with your hands. Then with a spoon sprinkle over the tops of the apples, the peanut butter will be like a "glue" and hold the toppings on so it's not so messy.
Allergic to peanuts? You can use almond butter or Nutella as a substitute. The great thing about this recipe is that is can be modified to suit kids likes and dislikes! Add another apple slice on top and turn it into an sandwich!
What apple snacks and/or treats have you made your family lately? Here are some other of our family’s favorite recipes:
Mama to 5 Blessings is sharing this article at: