I remember my mom used to make stuffed peppers when I was a kid. It’s been years since I had had them so I decided to come up with my own recipe – a healthier version of stuffed peppers.
This recipe is so easy to make, take a look for yourself. Try it – it’s delicious! The great thing about this recipe is that you can tweak it to your liking. If you do not like ground turkey you can use ground beef. If you do not eat meat you can use a meat substitute.
- Peppers of your choice. I used red, orange and yellow peppers (6 total).Take out all the seeds/hollow out the inside.
- 1 Pound of round turkey
- 2 Large carrots - sliced
- 1 Celery stalk - sliced
- 1 Large onion - Diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic - Minced
- 1 Can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes (or any brand sliced tomatoes)
- Salt & pepper
- Shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- Cook the ground turkey until cooked.
- Cook the celery, onion and carrots until they are semi-cooked (I steam them) they will finish cooking while in the mixture in the oven.
- Then combine the vegetables and ground turkey with the canned tomatoes into the peppers.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Make sure the peppers are cooked, if they need more cooking cook for a bit longer until they are soft.
- Drizzle shredded cheese over the top and cook for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted over the tops.
Neverland Sales – Initial Necklace
$4 for an initial necklace with Swarovski Elements crystals